Welcome to the Official Site of Lex Gillette - Paralympic World Record Holder in the Long Jump
Lex Gillette is an American track and field athlete who has proved to the world that there are absolutely no excuses. Retina detachments in both eyes have left him with the challenge of living life with no sight. Fortunately for Lex, once he lost his sight, he gained a vision.
The 2012 London Paralympic Games was an overall success for Lex! He returned home from the Games in London, England with his third consecutive Silver medal in the long jump, and still maintains the World Record! Lex’s performance in the 5 events was unparalleled by any other visually impaired Paralympian at the London Games. Lex had a busy time in London, not only with competitions, but speaking to multiple organizations in the UK and doing several media appearances. Lex is the happiest when he’s on the track and competing for the USA!
Join Lex Gillette's mailing list
Lex Gillette's iTunes Single: On the Stage
2013, Location TBD, June 14-16
U.S. Paralympic Track and Field Championships
2013, Lyon, France, July 16-29
IPC Athletics World Championships
- "You never stop amazing me in all the things you accomplish. You motivate me every time I hear or read about your accomplishments inspite of your disability. KEEP PUSHING!!!!!"
-- Rodney Cox U.S. Army
- "Lex, I'm pulling for you in 2012. You are truly a fearless, inspirational role model. Your athletic accomplishments perpetually leave me in awe. Bring home the gold from London!"
-- Marc Taczanowski St. James, New York
- "Lex is one of the most talented and friendliest people i have ever met. We are all fortunate that Lex is on team USA, and more importantly, this earth."
-- Trey Hardee, Gold Medalist Decathlete 2009 IAAF World Championships
- "Confidence and determination are the keys to success. You have all it takes to achieve and inspire as you pursue your dream."
-- Fernando Laguardo - Washington, D.C.
- "Give your best effort Elexis, win or lose, and you will always be successful!"
-- Jen Heilveil, Boulder, CO Paralympic Sport Club
- "I cannot help but to admire Lex's tenacity for all he has done and for future accomplishments because I know there will be many more." Respectfully,
-- George E. Brummell, author, Shades of Darkness
- "Lex you are a tremendous influence on all levels. I am impressed with your commitment, energy, and drive. I am thrilled to call you my friend!"
-- Jim Mazzo President Abbott Medical Optics
- "I believe that Lex is a very talented and well-spoken athlete. I feel grateful that I know him and that I'm able to call him a friend. I look forward to seeing many more great things in his life."
-- Jamie Nieto 2004 Olympian
- "Dedication, perseverance, hard work. All these are traits that we all strive to have... for Lex they are second nature."
-- Santiago Perez Los Angeles, California
- "Lex is not only an extraordinary athlete, musician, public speaker, and positive role model for kids and youth, but he is also just an all-around really cool guy."
-- Diana Pastora Carson Ability Awareness in Action
- "Lex is such a humble and talented person. A serious athlete, inspiring friend, and motivating speaker...always willing to help out."
-- Tricia Betts Military programs Paralympic Division
- "Lex Gillette is an amazing person, friend and athlete. He has been an inspiration to all, proving that hard work, determination and believing in yourself can truly pay off. Good luck with your journey to London! Lex is a Beast!"
-- Chad Barylski San Francisco, California
- "It really has been a treat to see you grow up - from a young kid to an all-star athlete. Good luck in London, we'll all be rooting for you!"
-- Thomas Lyens Cary, North Carolina
Domain names and web design
services by register.com